Third Annual PharmedOut Conference
PharmedOut, a Georgetown University Medical Center-based pharmaceutical marketing research project, hosts its third annual conference focusing on the misinformation and patient harm that can occur from pharmaceutical and medical device marketing.
- Rita Redberg M.D., M.Sc., Archives of Internal Medicine Editor-in-Chief; professor of medicine, University of California, San Francisco
- Carl Elliott M.D. Ph.D., author, White Coat, Black Hat; professor, University of Minnesota’s Center for Bioethics
- Kay Dickersin Ph.D., director, Center for Clinical Trials, Johns Hopkins Center for Global Health
- Julie Taitsman M.D., J.D., chief medical officer, Office of the Inspector General, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Sharon Treat J.D., executive director, National Legislative Association on Prescription Drug Prices
- Joel Lexchin M.D., professor, York University
- Donald Light Ph.D., professor, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
For more information and to register, visit the PharmedOut conference page.
WHEN: Thursday, June 14 and Friday, June 15, 2012, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.
Thursday morning: Marketing of antipsychotic medications and other drugs
Thursday afternoon: Potential health risks of CT scans and other medical devices
Friday morning: Legislative and regulatory updates and solutions
Friday afternoon: Informing and protecting patients: The role of industry, media, and payers
WHERE: Lohrfink Auditorium in the Hariri Building, Georgetown University, 37th and O Streets, N.W., Washington, D.C., 20057.
Posted on May 13, 2012, in Uncategorized and tagged Carl Elliott, drug safety, Kay Dickersin, medical device safety, pharmaceutical marketing, PharmedOut, Rita Redberg. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.